Jul 6, 2010

Top 10 Greatest Moments From the Twilight Series

The twilight series took the world by storm. Not only was the writing superb, but the story lines and characters had a way of connecting with everyone who read the books, in ways that most people cannot properly explain or even understand. Today we bring you the top 10 greatest moments from the twilight series. Bringing the amazing dialogue, back to the front pages. We hope you enjoy!


1. Bella punches Jacob in “Eclipse”
“Finally, he let go of my face and leaned away.
‘Are you done now?’ I asked in an expressionless voice.
‘Yes,’ he sighed. He started to smile, closing his eyes.
I pulled my arm back and then let it snap forward, punching him in the mouth with as much power as I could force out of my body.
There was a crunching sound.
‘Ow! OW!’ I screamed, frantically hopping up and down in agony while I clutched my hand to my chest. It was broken, I could feel it.
Jacob stared at me in shock. ‘Are you alright?’
‘No, dammit! You broke my hand!‘”

2. The end of “Breaking Dawn”
“‘We have plenty of time to work on it,’ I reminded him.
‘Forever and forever and forever,’ he murmured.
‘That sounds exactly right to me.’
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.”

3. The tent scene from “Eclipse”
“‘Please!’ Edward hissed. ‘Do you mind!’
‘What?’ Jacob whispered back, his tone surprised.
‘Do you think you could attempt to control your thoughts?’ Edward’s low whisper was furious.
‘No one said you had to listen,’ Jacob muttered, defiant, yet still embarrassed. ‘Get out of my head.’
‘I wish I could. You have no idea how loud your little fantasies are. It’s like you’re shouting them at me.’
‘I’ll try to keep it down,’ Jacob whispered sarcastically.”

4. Bella’s first kiss with Edward as a vampire in “Breaking Dawn”
“It was like he’d never kissed me – like this was our first kiss. And in truth, he’d never kissed me this way before.
It almost made me feel guilty. Surely I was in breach of the contract. I couldn’t be allowed to have this, too.”

5. Bella and Edward’s first ever kiss from “Twilight”
“I couldn’t breathe.
He hesitated – not in the normal way, the human way.
Not the way a man might hesitate before he kissed a woman, to gauge her reaction, to see how he would be received. Perhaps he would hesitate to prolong the moment, that ideal moment of anticipation, sometimes better than the kiss itself.
Edward hesitated to test himself, to see if this was safe, to make sure he was still in control of his need.
And then his cold, marble lips pressed very softly against mine.”

6. The wedding from “Breaking Dawn”
“I didn’t realize I was crying until it was time to say the binding words.
‘I do,’ I managed to choke out in a nearly unintelligible whisper, blinking my eyes clear so I could see his face.
When it was his turn to speak, the words rang clear and victorious.
‘I do,’ he vowed.”
It was the baby girl in the blond vampire’s arms that held me here now.”

7. The cliff jump in “New Moon”
“I smiled and raised my arms straight out, as if I were going to dive, lifting my face into the rain. But it was too ingrained from years of swimming at the public pool – feet first, first time. I leaned forward, crouching to get more spring…
And I flung myself from the cliff.”

8. Bella first sees Edward in “Twilight”
“It was there, sitting in the lunchroom, trying to make conversation with seven curious strangers, that I first saw them.
They were sitting in the corner of the cafeteria, as far away from where I sat as possible in the long room. There were five of them. The last was lanky, less bulky, with untidy, bronze-colored hair. He was more boyish than the others, who looked like they could be in college, or even teachers here rather than students.
‘That’s Edward. He’s gorgeous, of course, but don’t waste your time. He doesn’t date. Apparently none of the girls here are good-looking enough for him.’ She sniffed, a clear case of sour grapes. I wondered when he’d turned her down.”

9. The meadow scene from “Twilight”
“‘Isabella.’ He pronounced my full name carefully, then playfully ruffled my hair with his free hand. A shock ran through my body at his casual touch. ‘Bella, I couldn’t live with myself if I ever hurt you. You don’t know how it’s tortured me.’ He lifted his glorious, agonized eyes to mine. ‘You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever.’”

10. Jacob imprints from “Breaking Dawn”
“My jerking came to a stop; heat flooded through me, stronger than before, but it was a new kind of heat – not a burning.
It was a glowing.
Everything inside me came undone as I stared at the tiny porcelain face of the half-vampire, half-human baby. The gravity of the earth no longer tied me to the place where I stood.


No comments:

Post a Comment