These are the kinds of jobs that grow hair on your knuckles, and make men out of boys. These are the kinds of jobs that only the toughest can accomplish, and only the strongest will succeed.
Welcome to the Top 10 Worst Jobs on Earth
1. Roustabout - The rigpigs of the oilfield, doing everything from turning valves to cleaning pipes. This is one dirty job.
2. Lumberjack - One of the most dangerous jobs on the planet, lumberjacks take in a stride as 1 ton trees continually fall mere inches from their feet.
3. Ironworker - There is nothing better than the smell of hot steel first thing in the morning. These guys have to be rugged and tough to make it in this business.
4. Alaskan King Crab Fisherman - Alaskan crab fishing is likely the most dangerous job in the world. The fatality rate among these fishermen is roughly 90 times the fatality rate of the average worker.
5. Welder - Joining metal together is no easy task. Ask any welder and you will get an earful about exactly how dangerous this job can actually be.
6. Garbage Collector - It is easy to see why this job ranks #6 on our list. Picking up the filth of humanity is no easy job, even for the toughest of men.
7. Roofer - Standing on top of the world may not be all it is cracked up to be. The work is strenuous, tiring, and there is no relief from the summer's heat.
8. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - The life of an EMT can be one of the most stressful, and emotionally draining jobs on earth. People's lives depend on EMT's being available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
9. Taxi Driver - You can only image what it is like for someone to be stuck in rush hour traffic as a career.
10. Dairy Farmer - Strenuous labour, long hours, and little pay makes this #10 on our list of the top 10 worst jobs in the world.